Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sarasota











The Sarasota Chalk Festival is over. I’m back in Australia and I have started to sort through some of my photos. I have attached some images here of the ‘Dragon King’ image that I created, in various stages of development. For more images from the festival visit my chalk flowers blog (http://chalkflowers.blogspot.com/ ).
For the information of anyone interested in chalk drawings, this image was created using PanPastels and Art Spectrum soft pastels. It is 10 foot by 11 foot and took 3 days to draw. The image contains NO black line work. All of the line work is the product of negative space (the road surface showing through).
The Lego Terracotta Warriors, Sarasota Chalk Festival 2011, Leon Keer, see the work of Ego Leonard
Ruben Poncia, Peter Westerlink and Remko Van Schaik from the Netherlands
http://www.st-artgallery.com/art/measure-and-weight.html
The people’s choice award went to Cuong Nguyen, which is understandable if you have ever seen this man’s incredible drawing skills, also receiving medals in recognition of the quality of their work. These were not ranked and as my name appears among some of the best street chalk artist in the world, I am humbled to be on the list;
Chalk Artist
Tony Cuboliquido
Tomoteru Saito
Lorelle Miller
Eduardo Relero
Leon Keer
Julie Kurk-Purcell
Joel Yau
Vera Bugatti
Juandrés Vera
Valentina Sforzini
Craig Thomas
Cuong Nguyen
Julio César Jiménez
Sharyn Chan Namnath
Carolyn Schultz
Gregor Wosik
Michael Kirby - Opera
Kumpa Tawornprom
Tony Flowers
Ketty Grossi
Cathy Gallatin
Ruben Martinez

Graffiti
MTO (Going Vertical)
ChorBoogie (Going Vertical)
Kanos, Astro and Katre (Going Vertical)
Kobra, Kobra (Going Vertical)
Students:
Korry LaCalamito
Tai Ngo
Romana Tomasovic
Trishia Armstrong (working with Kurt Wenner)
I have attached some images of the Festival and a couple of the works that I thought people would enjoy seeing in various stages.

Unfortunately there are too many exceptional images created that I have photos of to include in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment